Political Watch Dogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political Watch Dogs

Keeping an eye on our employees who forgot their place

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Google your CZAR every other day to see is anything new pops up.

Michael Connelly - Truth About Health Care Bill

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ehlersrs
Watch Dog
Watch Dog

Thumbs : 28

Michael Connelly - Truth About Health Care Bill Empty
PostSubject: Michael Connelly - Truth About Health Care Bill   Michael Connelly - Truth About Health Care Bill Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Not sure if you've already seen this article by former Texas attorney Michael Connelly:

http://www.michaelconnelly.viviti.com/e ... care-bills

This echoes what Glenn and others have been saying. The health care bill has nothing to do with "health care" but is essentially a power grab by the government!

Robert S.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Thumbs : 340

Michael Connelly - Truth About Health Care Bill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Connelly - Truth About Health Care Bill   Michael Connelly - Truth About Health Care Bill Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:20 pm

I actually found a win for our argument about the power grab.

THe few liberals I tried this were believers.
Wait for them to use the argument that this hc bill must pass, or republicans don't want anything.

I suggested ONE thing we can do to help with the health care is just like Obama said, create competition. let insurance companies sell policies across state lines. I said it is the most common sense competition because it cost us nothing!

I said wouldn't you agree if the "public option" is simply to create competition they would at least have to offer this common sense solution in any real reform?
they'll respond, yes- but it wont fix all the problems. I agree but say it is one part of many just like the president said.

THen one by one get them agreeing with the "common sense" ideas republicans have tried to get introduced.

As i promoted it in conversation, just adding these few things to THE reform... seamed like common sense. add another, ask IF IT'S COMMON SENSE, confirm it should be in ANY reform!

I say what i could see is, instead of mandatory health care for all, require a catastrophic plan. in multi-year blocks like life insurance. The more at risk, the higher the premium, but still affordable. I said combine this with a tax free medical savings account with a limit of no less than $15k. this way the average person wouldn't need a day to day health care.

they could see what ever doctor they want, and the cost to see them would go down because there is less red tape.

(my idea) I say we could have tax incentives for ppl who put their tax returns in the medical savings accounts to give them a tax credit to be used for the next year to increase their contribution then too... teach ppl how to say with their own money (instead of bribing them with it).

Wow that is a great idea...
I say but these ideas have been suggested. Why is it we need a public option so bad, but we don't do the things that would cost so little and have such a big impact.

At the end i asked my friends (one on one conversations) if it was
really about health care reform-to make it cheaper for us... to
protect us long term FROM insurance companies wouldn't we better off
with these included. they say yes

The ppl I spoke to basically agreed with everything. I said if all these things are great ideas and aren't introduced in the health care reform, wouldn't that prove it is more about power than helping us? And if it is about power, why do they need it and what are they going to do with it?

My conversations all ended surprisingly good. It felt weird walking away not frustrated feeling the need to scream! But it felt good!!! Michael Connelly - Truth About Health Care Bill Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
https://criticalcrew.forumotion.com

Michael Connelly - Truth About Health Care Bill
Page 1 of 1